Speeding ticket

Wil je even gezellig kletsen of dat ene grappige (auto)filmpje delen? Dat kan hier.
Plaats reactie
Robin

Speeding ticket

Bericht door Robin » 27 feb 2006, 16:04

Hier een post van iemand uit Californie die een boete kreeg: In de USA werkt 't dus blijkbaar anders dan in NL qua regelgeving en wat een cop mag en niet mag. ????

Iemand ideeen/info hierover?

I was going two lanes road. Speed limit was 55, this truck in front of me was going like 35, first I was quite behind of him so I was just going to follow him. But I noticed the two lanes merging into one , and this is up hill, so I thought I'd better pass him before getting stuck all the way.

Changed lane, and gased it, going fast because I was trying to pass him from quite behind and had to pass him before the 2 lanes becomes one. But never looked speedometer. As I passed him, I saw this cop going in other direction. After he saw me, he quickly made U-turn and chased me. Since I knew I was speeding, and saw him making U-turn, I spontaneously pulled over even before he said so.

Then, there was not much talk. He just asked my driving licence and registration, and I was trying to ask his mercy but, he rarely listend.

Finally I got a ticket, saying 100 in 55, and this cop said I'll get some info regarding suspended license for 30 days.

What should I do? fight? get a lawyer? plead guilty?

A couple months ago, one of my friend got a exact same ticket like me for going 103 in 55 at the same place, but different time. He just showed up at court by himself and the cop didn't show up, so he just asked nicely that he couln't afford ticket with some excuse. So the judge reduced it from $8xx to $ 3xx.

I'm so worried. so unlucky...it was just like 1 or 2 seconds if I drove 100 mph like the cop said even though I don't think I did. Did he really clock it?

What should I do? any advice would be appreciated.

Peter Tunissen
Contacteer:

Bericht door Peter Tunissen » 27 feb 2006, 16:13

Tsja, hij zegt het zelf toch eigenlijk al?
A couple months ago, one of my friend got a exact same ticket like me for going 103 in 55 at the same place, but different time. He just showed up at court by himself and the cop didn't show up, so he just asked nicely that he couln't afford ticket with some excuse. So the judge reduced it from $8xx to $ 3xx.
Het verhaal klinkt redelijk zat, denk niet dat een rechter (of komt dit in de VS ook al voor een jury?) een eventuele boete nog gaat verzwaren.
Gewoon voor laten komen en zelfde verhaal aan de rechter vertellen, inclusief heeeeeeeeeeeeeel erg veel spijt van en noooooooooit meer doen en zo. :wink:

Plaats reactie